The aims of the P&C Science and Technology Committee are to:
- Provide a forum for parent discussion of science and technology
- Provide support and advice to the school on science and technology issues
- Encourage student use of technology, initially through provision of programming and robotics groups for years 7-9. The groups are parent led and free.
Previously the Technology committee, with the expansion of its role to include Science the committee plans to:
- source and research science activities the teaching staff can make use of
- source and organise science speakers to cover general topics, as well as to tie into specific curriculum topics e.g. a zoologist to talk to the students when they are learning about classification
- raise money for equipment that will help keep science classes engaging for the students.
If you have any ideas or are interested in getting involved, either on-going or with one-off support (e.g. if you are a scientist or know one) please fill out our simple form http://bit.ly/1qZ9bkE
Science and Technology Committee Coordinators: Evan Predavec and Ian Davies