If your teenager is in need of assistance, the School provides support and professional help. Under the leadership of the Principal, Susan Wyatt, the staff are committed to the wellbeing of every young person in the School. There are also teams that focus on wellbeing:
- The Learning and Support Team – coordinated by Ms Colette Longley. This team writes Individual Learning Plans for students and coordinates Health Care Plans and Disability Support
- The Welfare Team – this team, consisting of all Year Coordinators, plans welfare programs and overall approaches to student wellbeing.
These teams meet fortnightly to coordinate and review all learning and wellbeing needs. There is often a strong connection between the academic needs of students and their wellbeing, so the structure is intended to facilitate a holistic approach that takes account of both. The school leadership team members each have particular responsibilities for specific year groups. In addition, the School has two Counsellors, a Careers Advisor and a Home School Liaison Officer.
School Contacts for 2016
- Deputy Principal Colette Longly – Years 7, 9 and 11
- Deputy Principal Tony Gahn – Years 8, 10 and 12
- Stage 4 (Years 7 and 8) Head Teacher – Bernadette Smith
- Stage 5 (Years 9 and 10) Head Teacher – Steve Clarke
- Stage 6 (Years 11 and 12) Head Teacher – Carmel Burns
- Year 7 – Catarina Simmonds
- Year 8 – Kate Plunkett
- Year 9 – Patricia Robertson
- Years 10 – David Manuell
- Year 11 – Samantha Omand
- Year 12 – Chris Clarke
If you have any concerns about your child’s wellbeing or wish to discuss a particular issue, the best place to start is with your child’s Year Coordinator as they’ll have the most direct personal knowledge and contact with your child.
- Sandra Vine
- Janine Hill
To contact any member of staff about your child’s wellbeing, please call the MHS office on 02 9968 1006.